Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Maple Cupcakes

Last week was my work's potluck Thanksgiving dinner.  Of course I could have brought in stuffing, or green bean casserole, but I thought I'd use the opportunity to try out a recipe that I've seen.  This one was out of "Martha's Cupcakes" and it seemed perfect for the fall.  Here was what was needed for the maple cupcakes (and yes, that is a ridiculously huge bottle of maple syrup).


The cupcakes were pretty easy to make.  The cake itself tasted like a really sweet dessert pancake.  The frosting was really yummy too, and pretty unique.  If you have this book and want to make this recipe, though, I would suggest only making half of the frosting - there was a ton left over.  


Then, you just make little marzipan leaves (I used store bought marzipan to save time) and color it with some red, brown, and orange.  I couldn't believe it, but one tiny package made enough to cover all of the cupcakes.


All-in-all, I think these turned out pretty good.  They definitely looked pretty and made enough so just about everyone could have some.  I'm just lucky I got them out of the house.  I think Scott may have been sneaking bites here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment